CMW Horticulture has operated at the forefront of the horticultural industry in the UK for over 30 years, operating with professionalism and integrity to build a quality reputation. This is an exciting time for the business and its future, having become part of a global group in 2021, headed up by the innovative Dutch company Bosman Van Zaal. CMW now form part of a larger team of multi-skilled experts and businesses with offices worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and ambitious Technical Engineer to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to establish a career in an innovative sector, with ongoing training and professional development provided. If you are interested in Agritech and supporting growers in the UK and further afield, and would like to expand your skills within an advancing industry, then apply to find out more.
Role: Technical Engineer
Hours: Full-time, Mon-Fri 8:30-17:00 (overtime available)
Location: South Cave, East Yorkshire (You will be expected to work away when required)
Our customers are commercial growers of food and ornamental crops across the UK and Ireland. Growers increasingly rely on high levels of automation, so it is vital that they have a committed technology partner to support their needs. Our Technical Engineers are largely field-based, working within commercial glasshouse environments to support customers’ requirements, ensuring a continuous and efficient production. They are the face of CMW and at the forefront of horticultural technology.
As a CMW Technical Engineer, you will work with leading 3rd party integrated solutions; specialist environmental control systems and equipment for glasshouse management that regulate water, heating, climate, and fertilisation for crops.
The role sits across all CMW’s main product groups: greenhouses & construction, irrigation, cultivation, heating & cooling, electrical, control systems & software, screening, and hygiene equipment. You will be a proactive and logical thinker, with the ability to work individually or in wider teams covering:
- Installation and commissioning
- Planned servicing and maintenance
- Fault-finding and repair
You will be comfortable working with all aspects of the controlled equipment, to ensure the correct operation of:
- Boilers, CHP units, pumps, 3-port valves
- Water supply, treatment and distribution; pumps and fertiliser injection; monitoring of water usage and quality
- Growing environment systems; actuators for ventilation, screening and heating
The technology within the industry is advancing rapidly to provide smart, sustainable, and efficient solutions to food and plant production. As such, our Technical Engineers are continuously developing their skills and knowledge of the innovative products and services we offer.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Electrical knowledge and experience with panel/electrical control equipment
- Experience working with environmental control systems
- The ability to undertake maintenance and repairs using special tools and equipment following approved technical procedures
- Experience working with IT (networking, hardware & software installation, and programming)
- Ability to work at height, relevant training provided
- The ability to provide excellent customer service and to work in a team or individually
- Being self-motivated with good communication skills and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Aptitude for problem-solving and logical thinking
- Flexibility with working hours during busy times and working weekends if necessary
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Preferable, but not essential, is previous experience working within the Horticultural sector